Supply ManagementInsight into your supplier file
Save time and money by strategic purchasing.
As the person/department responsible for purchases, you're constantly on the look out for opportunities to consolidate and make savings. You want a single, clean supplier database and it's extremely important for you to have an idea of the risks in your entire portfolio to guarantee the supply chain.
Our solutions are based on the following four principles:
- Certify: assess new suppliers and re-look at the existing ones.
- Monitor: check your database pro-actively to avoid exposure to risks.
- Analyse: use external data for a better insight into your database
- Mitigate: build nets by regularly following up suppliers and keeping alternatives in reserve.
Control your risks
When you want to do business with new suppliers or draw up a shortlist, you must be able to identify and assess these suppliers in order to make a well-founded strategic selection. When a supplier is chosen, you will also want to continue to monitor the chosen suppliers closely. This enables you to avoid losses and guarantee the continuity in your supply logistics chain.
An insight into your supplier database
Supplier databases with poor quality data are a recognised problem. Almost every supplier database contains duplicate, inaccurate and incomplete records. Moreover, many companies use several databases rather than just one. D&B can help you cluster data to produce a single clean ‘vendor master database’. Subsequently enhancing your supplier database with valuable D&B data will give you an insight into your supply chain. It shows precisely what you purchase, who from and the quantities. It's also possible to identify consolidation opportunities based on activity codes or corporate group structures.
D&B helps you to:
- Achieve savings
- Reduce the number of suppliers
- Integrate and cleanse your databases
- Obtain an insight into the risks in your portfolio
- Set up management reports
- Identify alternative suppliers
Possible situations you are dealing with
- I want to have insight in the risks involved when selecting new suppliers
- I would like to clarify and monitor the risks in the entire supply chain
- I want to consolidate my supplier database
- I want to cleanse the data in my supplier database
- I want to have more insight and analysis options in my supplier portfolio
- I would like to optimise my tendering process
Do you want more information?
Do you want more information or would you like to make an appointment to discuss the possibilities? Please send us a message or call us:02 481 82 00
“The Dun & Bradstreet Supply Portfolio Manager produces so much more than we expected. D&B even offered us on-the-job training!”MIke Callens, VP Sourcing at Atlas Copco
At a time when up to 14 construction companies a day were declaring themselves insolvent, not one of the thousand-plus firms we have contracted has gone bankrupt. This success highlights how the financial model we have developed using D&B data has held up.Head of supply chain management, London Construction Project